At Gather, we're on a mission to redefine the remote work experience by creating virtual offices that capture the essence of in-person collaboration. Already, over 10,000 forward-thinking companies have embraced our spaces every day, but we believe we're just scratching the surface of our broader vision for the Metaverse.
Join us as we break down physical barriers, not only in the realm of work but in how we connect with friends and family, and access educational opportunities. Be a part of our mission!
Let's Dream Together
At Gather, we're a tight-knit team where every designer plays a pivotal role in shaping and executing the company's vision. We're asking ourselves some important questions:
- How do we redefine the future of remote and hybrid work?
- What kind of product research and analysis will set us up for the best customer experience across all our product verticals?
- How can we foster genuine social connections online, moving beyond the transactional nature of traditional solutions?
- In a virtual setting, how do we recreate the experience of sitting around a table with teammates or friends?
- How do we empower users to personalize their own space and take pride in it?
In this role, you'll be the design lead for our Remote Work product line, playing a crucial part in defining our overall design direction and vision, as well as shaping operational processes.
Where You'll Make an Impact:
- Collaborate with Product, Art, Maps, Engineering, Data, and other departments to craft an inspiring vision and strategy for the future of our Remote Work products.
- Own the end-to-end design process for strategic and complex projects, from IA to wireframes to user flows to high-fidelity mocks and prototypes.
- Set a standard of operational excellence through effective project management, clear communication, and goal setting.
- Validate ideas by directly engaging with customers, gathering insights, and sharing them with the team.
- Build alignment across diverse teams by presenting ideas to various stakeholders within Gather.
- Contribute to our growing team by mentoring designers and introducing/adapting design best practices.
What You Bring:
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience on an in-house product design team.
- Ability to tackle both broad, ambiguous problems and well-defined, smaller projects.
- Active participation in design reviews, providing constructive feedback and seeking input throughout the process.
- Proficiency in interaction design, visual design, prototyping, and information architecture.
- Experience designing mobile and web consumer products at scale, with a bonus for gaming or a passion for games.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical partners.
- Comfort in dynamic and ambiguous situations, understanding the pace of fast-growing startups.
- A scrappy, action-oriented mindset with a love for moving fast.
- Enjoy engaging with customers and identifying the core problems our product can solve.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
Compensation at Gather may vary based on factors such as qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. The base salary range for this position is $165,000 - $200,000 USD annually.
- Work remotely from a state-of-the-art virtual office.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents.
- 401k with a matching program.
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days.
- Meal stipend twice a week.
- Remote work, education, and health & wellness stipend.
- Support for family planning & gender affirmation.
Seize the opportunity to join a passionate team and contribute to building something that genuinely improves people's lives every single day!